How to become a qualified Nipper and compete as a member of Team Fish Hoek
1. Achieve a swim time in a 25-meter pool to qualify to take the exam. The following times are required to be registered for the exam. This time must be taken by your swim coach or a Nipper coach.
U9 and U10 (Level 1) – 300m or 12 laps in 8 minutes
U11 and U12 (Level 2) – 400m or 16 laps in 10 minutes
U13 and U14 (Level 3) – 400m or 16 laps in 9 minutes
2. To take the exam, nippers must be registered with the club, have paid their subs and provide a copy of your birth certificate. The cost of the exam is R125 for new Nippers and R85 for upgrading Nippers
3. Study the red Nipper handbook for your Level.
4. Our education officer will do a theory class the day before the exam. Don’t miss it; you’ll be told everything you need to know for the exam.
5. Exam day – the location is announced on the Wednesday before the exam and the start time is usually 08h00. Their will be children form other clubs also taking the exam so you must take the exam in your Team Fish Hoek kit - a Fish Hoek team costume and a Fish Hoek Nipper skull cap. The exam administrator will attend the exams with the children.
Be sure that your club registration forms are filled in and subs paid (or arrangements for payment have been made) before the first competition.